Human trafficking is not just found in Europe. It is happening right in our back yards in America. These girl’s stories are heart wrenching in their brutality, sad in our response to them, but inspiring when you know the strength and courage of the survivors.
Justice for Girls seeks to heighten awareness of human trafficking within communities, using education to empower individuals and groups to actively work to eradicate this injustice. We share their story with the nation, as well as discuss how we should respond politically and socially to bring justice to the perpetrators and healing to the victims.
Through seminars, workshops, public forums, roundtable discussions, and partnerships with other organizations, Justice for Girls educates and increases awareness of sex trafficking of children in the United States.
Our program is an initiative to:
- Increases knowledge on why and how girls become sex trafficking victims
- Identifies and sharing information on how to recognize sex trafficking victims
- Educates communities on action steps to take when one suspects a child is a victim
- Educates communities on ways to avoid criminalizing victims
- Educates communities on identifying where trafficking crimes occur in neighborhoods
- Provides trainer programs within communities to increase leadership around the issue
- Provides summits and retreats to help girls develop skills and character traits to reduce their risks of being sex trafficked